if you tried all the methods described above to solve your problem and none of them worked, you can try to completely reinstall Hand2Note.
Please follow the instructions consistently, do not ignore any steps.
Do not run any poker apps or rooms clients while reinstalling.
You can keep your config and database (see 2nd and 3rd steps).
To reinstall Hand2Note, do the following:
- Reboot your PC.
- Before removing the program, you can save all your settings, if necessary.
- In some cases, database removal is required. If you want to do this, delete the folder where the database is stored (by default, it is C:/UsersYour/Username/AppData/Roaming/Hand2Note/h2ndb). If you want to keep your database, just skip this step, database won't be deleted.
- Remove Hand2Note through the control panel.
- Manually delete all files from Hand2Note installation folder. By default it is C:/Program Files/Hand2Note.
- Download and install Hand2Note, update to the latest version if required.
Do not use old installation files, be sure to download the latest installer from the website.
- Run Hand2Note in the default configuration (do not restore your config first), enter the license key and check if the problem persists that occurred before reinstalling.
- If everything is fine, you can return the previously saved config to Hand2Note directory.
However, if your config has been oversaturated with various packs, a good solution would be not to restore it, but contact the developers only of the currently used HUDs and install the necessary packs on the default config.
- If you deleted a database on the 3rd step, you can import previously played hands into a new database from C:/Hand2noteHH folder. In case you didn't delete h2ndb folder, just go to Configuration → Database and activate your database.