FeaturesHUD Range Research Decision Analysis Stat Info Reg-vs-Fish Notes
FAQHUD Database Export Hand Histories Moving Config Supported Rooms System Requirements Subscription PokerStars Restrictions Reports Game Analysis
CustomizationCreating HUD Custom Stats Stat Popup Expression Stats Badges Replayer Order Private HUD
OtherExpression Syntax For Affiliates For Package Authors PokerMaster
Update NotesVersioning Rules Hand2Note 3.2.1 Hand2Note 3.2 Hand2Note 3.1
‒ Does Hand2Note use PostgreSQL?
‒ Why Hand2Note uses its own bundled PostgreSQL server?
- 1. Simplicity of the first usage is a key reason. Installing and connecting to database server is complicated operation for new users.
- 2. Many users have PostgreSQL version 8.4 which is very outdated in 2018. Versions 9.4+ give several advantages regarding performance to Hand2Note.
- 3. Other software often automatically changes PostgreSQL settings and it may cause some conflicts with Hand2Note.
- 4. Installing PostgreSQL silently during application installation dialog is not recommended by PostgreSQL creators
‒ How I can use my own PostgreSQL server
‒ Where Hand2Note stores its data?
‒ How to move database directory to another disk or directory?
- 1. Open Configuration -> Database
- 2. Press Open Folder
- 3. Copy opened directory contents to the target directory
- 4. Press Change Folder in Configuration -> Database
- 5. Select target directory and wait until Hand2Note restarts
- 6. Delete old directory. It should be located at C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Hand2Note\h2ndb
‒ How to make database maintenance?
‒ How to connect to database using PgAdmin?
- 1. Start Hand2Note
- 2. Go to Configuration -> Databases
- 3. Disable Connect to custom server and then Activate an existing database
- 4. Start file Hand2Note/pgsql/bin/pgadmin3.exe
- 5. Press Add new connection to server
- 6. Enter Name=h2nserver, Host=localhost, Port=5318 and press OK
- 7. Done! Server h2nserver should appear in the list of available servers
‒ How to copy my players notes to another computer?
‒ Can I import hand histories from my existing database in HoldemManager or PokerTracker?